Query Letter is open to made-up blurbs for their blurb contest. They want you to get creative, and go wild with your imagination. Write an original blurb of an imaginary book and submit it to their contest.
They are looking for “a back cover blurb of 100 words or fewer that sets the stage for a novel, establishes the characters, and raises the stakes in a way that makes readers want to find out more.”
A team of query letter writers will judge the submitted blurbs based on how efficiently they hook readers, assessing the writing style and the general impression.
- There is no submission fee for this competition.
- You may submit more than one entry. However, each entry must be unique.
- By applying, you grant Query Letter the right to publish your entry.
- If you are interested in applying, kindly submit here.
- The deadline for entry is September 15, 2020.
- The winning blurb entry will get $500.