Do you have an existing podcast and want to advance your skills and productions to the next level? Apply to the Google Podcasts Creator Program today. This program is organized by Google in partnership with PRX. The goal of the program is to mentor, train, and provide relevant resources to under-represented podcasters across the world.
Benefits of the Program
Successful applicants will receive:
- Regular feedback on all aspects of their production, including editorial and technical input;
- Training on topics such as storytelling, sound design, and reaching audiences through marketing and engagement;
- Equipment and software to help meet independent production needs amid the challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic; and,
- Up to $12,000 in funding for use as they see fit for their productions.
They are looking for podcasters from across the world who:
- Have published at least five episodes of their podcast since January 2019
- Are willing to pause production during the program
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices, and styles
- Are interested in making their podcast sustainable through teamwork, openness to iteration and change, and pursuing revenue and audience growth
All training will be free, entirely virtual, and conducted by PRX alongside international industry experts and Google Podcasts creator program alumni. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) podcasters and creators from traditionally marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
The deadline for application is Sunday, August 2, 2020.
For more information, kindly visit their website.
Click HERE to subscribe to this blog via email for immediate notification.