Do you have a story about the pandemic? Here is an opportunity to submit it! Muwado, in partnership with Amari, presents #Stories4Health Writing Competition. The goal is to “help you channel your creativity to help spread creatively packaged stories about the pandemic and the health sector in general.”
For the Stories4Health Writing Competition, they are interested in “personal experiences and human interest stories around new diseases, epidemics and trauma with special focus on personal experiences, human interest stories Covid-19 as the areas of interest.”
Who Can Submit?
The Stories4Health Writing Competition is open to all African writers from any part of the world. There will be a verification process at the point of selecting winners. Any questions regarding eligibility shall be resolved by the Muwado and Amani administration and whatsoever they decide is final and binding.
Any form of internationally recognised writing in any language on the areas of interest is acceptable e.g
- creatively written case reports or case series
- nonfiction from front line workers and those that have been directly affected by the virus and measures taken to contain it
- fiction that creatively disseminates correct health information
- epidemic history and lessons that can be applied to the Covid-19 situation
- Accurately researched opinion pieces, etc.
You have freedom regarding the style of writing as long as you stick to the specified areas of interest.
To participate, these are the simple steps you will have to follow:
Go to the Submit page and upload your submission. The submission window runs from 4th May – 30th June 2020 (at midnight GMT). In order for it to be recognised as an entry, MAKE SURE you include #Stories4Health in the submission title and tags section. If this is not done, your post will NOT be considered.
You can always edit the post from your profile if there is something you’d like to add/remove.
If submission proves difficult (the beta platform still has some bugs), email your submission to email@example.com and it will be uploaded for you.
All entries will be checked for plagiarism. Submissions found to be plagiarized will be disqualified.
Share your submission widely and engage with your readers in the comments.
Winners will be selected based on:
- the creativity of the submission,
- post reach (views and shares) and engagement (upvotes/downvotes and comments),
- the accuracy of health information within (consultancy between health professionals and creative writers is encouraged for the best results),
- input from sponsoring partners.
Winners will be announced by 10th July 2020 and their winnings handed over to them.
NOTE: For those that don’t fall in the demographic specified but still want to participate, or those not interested in the competitive side of the campaign, go right ahead and submit your entry. At the end of the day, the main goal is to disseminate helpful health information creatively.
Winning entry – Ugx 500,000
1st Runner Up – Ugx 300,000
2nd Runner Up – Ugx 200,000
Others – Assorted Deals, Discounts & Packages from sponsors.
For more information on this competition, kindly visit https://muwado.com/stories4health-writing-competition/