I think people need to stop treating being single as a bad thing and just be happy in this phase of life. Being single gives you time to be a better YOU. Improve yourself, do the things you love. Basically just enjoy this phase of life before you get hitched.
Don’t put the responsibility of being happy into the hands of someone who doesn’t exist yet. Make it your responsibility to be happy.
Here are just a few of the things people underrate about being happy single:
- There’s no such thing as ‘his’ or ‘her’ side of the bed. Move to the left, move to the right. Lay claim to the middle—- it’s all yours, baby.
- Toilet paper cost a lot less when you are buying for one.
- You can leave a party whenever YOU want
- Compromise is important and all but you have the freedom of figuring out what you want for yourself and going out to get it
- The chances that someone would mistakenly use your toothbrush by accident seriously decreases.
- Also? You can be friends with other men and women without your S.O getting jealous or think there is something romantic going on
- Your bathroom is always clean (high, high) standards or maybe low ones.
- Guess what! The toilet seat is just the way you left it…either down or up *smiles*
- Three words: Glorious uninterrupted sleep. You don’t get to have your SO’s alarm go off an hour earlier than yours.
- When you open a bottle of wine, it’s less likely to finish in one night..unless you’re an alcoholic *wink wink*
- No judgements when your house cleaning playlist includes a Rihanna song or Drake’s Hotline Bling
- You can go weeks without having a bikini wax and no one would care…talk less of even knowing *laughs…pure bliss*
- You can eat whatever and I mean whatever you want….have all those guilty pleasures without anyone giving you the eye
- Honey you can sing perform while in the shower
15. We are told that our soulmate is supposed to be our best friend but really, the best thing about being single is realising how to be your own best friend – loving yourself, being happy hangout with yourself, the only person you’re guaranteed to spend every. Single. Day of your life with is yourself.
Remember you have to love you first for someone else to love you. So enjoy being single cause you’re not always going to remain so forever. Only if you choose to anyway.
Click HERE to subscribe to this blog via email for immediate notification.