The Etisalat Prize for Literature is the first ever Pan African Prize celebrating debut African writers of published fiction. It is designed to recognize and reward debut fiction writers of African citizenship. The platform was launched in 2013 to bridge the growing gap between talented writers and the world at large by giving first time African writers a platform where their writing prowess can be presented to the world thus acting as a spring board for them in their budding writing careers.
The call for entries for the 2016 Etisalat Prize for Literature which is in its fourth year was announced on June 1, 2016 and will close on August 31, 2016. This year, our Judges will certainly be looking out for creativity—an expression of innovation, which is key to the success of the Etisalat brand.
The winner of the Prize will receive a cash reward of £15,000, a sponsored Fellowship at the School of Creative Writing, University of East Anglia, an engraved Montblanc Meisterstück pen, a high end device as well as book tours in three countries.
Criteria for Entry
- Entries will only be accepted from publishing houses
- All books entered should have a registered ISBN number or equivalent.
- Entries by new writers must be published within the last 24 months before the work is submitted.
- Entries for fiction books will be submitted by publishers who have published a minimum of six (6) authors.
- Publisher should have been a registered business (with certificate of incorporation as a publisher) for minimum of six years
- Each publisher will be allowed to enter a maximum of three (3) books – however books maybe called in by the judges.
- Each entry will be required to be accompanied by Seven (7) copies of the book being entered along with acceptance of publicity terms.
- The Etisalat Prize for Literature is not open to employees of any organisation under Emirates Telecommunications Corporation with branded trade name Etisalat.
For more information on how to enter please visit here.
All applications for the Prize will be accepted via post only, please fill and download the application form here.
Click HERE to subscribe to this blog via email for immediate notification.