I was fifteen when I first got admitted into the hospital. For a girl who normally goes to bed sick and wakes up good as new that was strange.I woke up with a strange illness one fine Sunday morning, (yes, there had been signs but I ignored them) and I was rushed to the hospital (thank God for hospitals), I had to undergo a minor operation thingy then the doc sent me home.

I was so happy because I didn’t need to be admitted, but then evening came and I realized I still had the problem so back to the hospital we went. After several tests and about three days in the hospital, the doctors said my case was too complicated for them and I had to be transferred to LUTH. On getting to LUTH we ran more tests and I was diagnosed with cancer. That was a big blow to my faith, my mental state, and my whole life in fact. I mean, cancer is a big disease that affects people on TV and in the books and articles I read not me. Till that time cancer was like tornadoes and hurricanes -they happen to other people only.

After the initial shock I came around and I thought “okay, drugs can cure cancer” of course my doctors told me I may have to undergo a major surgery but you can’t blame me for having faith. Then one day I’m on my way home, in a bus and I get a message from my mum. She had gone to LUTH that day to get the results of a scan, a very expensive one might I add, and I can’t remember her exact words but she was with my doctors and they had just told her I would have to undergo the surgery and that was the good part, (I can see you giving me the “huh face” but let me finish) the bad part was that I was gonna have a nephrectomy, now a nephrectomy is like a mastectomy but on the kidneys. i.e. they were gonna take out one of my kidneys. Look at the bright side, at least it wasn’t both of them. That hurt so bad I cried in a bus now bellanwosisi doesn’t cry, ever. But I cried that day in a bus filled with passengers on the road. That was embarrassing.More tests were run and the surgery date was fixed. That’s a day I’ll always remember “Friday, 6th December, 2013.” I recovered fast. And in less than a week I was out of the hospital. In case you’re wondering what kind of cancer it was, it’s called a “Renal Cell Carcinoma” if you read up on it you’ll find out that it’s a disease mostly found in adults from 30 and above. I was fifteen.

It’s been a little over a year and here I am, alive and well. I didn’t need therapy, I am completely healed and I thank God for it. I certainly don’t look like someone who’s gone through something like that. I really hate sharing this story but I had a feeling someone needs to hear it. Now you may be going through something that’s bigger than you, something you don’t think you can survive. What it is or how long it was tarried doesn’t matter, what matters is that you know your GOD is bigger that it and you believe with all your heart that He can see you through and trust me, He will. But if you don’t bring Him in, He’s going to sit back, relax, and watch you struggle. All you have to do is pray and tell yourself that you can and you will survive.

Written by Emmanuella Nwosisi
Written by Emmanuella Nwosisi

Click HERE to place your ADVERTS here

Click HERE to subscribe to this blog via email for immediate notification.

You may also like


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge