Apply for the 2020 Access Bank Womenpreneur Pitch-A-ton Africa, which is organised in partnership with the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
First organised in 2019, the Access Bank Womenpreneur Pitch-a-ton Africa was the first women-in-business support initiative in the industry offered by the Access Bank W Initiative. In its maiden edition, the program offered financial grants worth N9 Million to the top 5 applicants alongside a free mini MBA certification to 50 women entrepreneurs in Nigeria. This was done in partnership with IFC, a member of the World Bank Group.
The programme is designed to provide female-owned businesses across Africa an opportunity to access to finance, world-class business trainings and mentoring opportunities. The primary goal is to create an enabling environment for female entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and thrive.
The 2020 Access Bank Womenpreneur Pitch-A-ton Africa is now extended to 6 other African countries where Access Bank’s W initiative has been in existence. Aside from Nigeria, other countries include Congo, Gambia, Ghana, Rwanda, Sierra-Leone, and Zambia. With the expansion to other African countries, the tag name “Womenpreneur Pitch-A-Ton Africa” is fitting.
Who Should Apply?
- Are you a woman who owns and runs her business?
- Is your business innovative?
- Do you need a grant to expand your business?
- What about some expert training to help grow your business?
If you have answered YES to any of these questions, the Womenpreneur Pitch-a-ton Africa 2020 is for you.
What are the Benefits?
- The Womenpreneur Pitch-a-ton Africa 2020 will provide up to N9 million financial grant and a unique capacity building programme aimed at empowering women entrepreneurs.
- The programme is designed as a 3-month period incorporating pitching sessions and 8 weeks of mini-MBA training in collaboration with the IFC. Interested persons from Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, and Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Gambia, and Congo, who meet the criteria, are required to fill an online application.
- The five hundred candidates selected from this pool will then send in a sixty seconds video pitch which will be screened by a credible panel of business experts to select fifty finalists
- As part of the graduation requirements, the fifty finalists will pitch their businesses, infusing learnings from the mini-MBA and will stand an opportunity to win financial grants up to N5 million.
How to Apply
Click here to register.
Application Deadline: August 14, 2020
For more information, kindly visit Access Bank Womenpreneur Pitch-A-ton Africa Website.